Are You Eligible for Subsidised Courses?

Featured News: April 10, 2018

Work Ready Eligibility – Subsidised funding 2017-2018

Are you eligible for a Work Ready Training Program?

You will need to be;

  • Australian or New Zealand citizen, or
  • a permanent Australian resident, or
  • the holder of a state sponsored visa on a pathway to permanent residency

You also need to be one of the following:

  • aged 16 years or over and not enrolled at school, or
  • aged 16 years or over, enrolled in school and undertaking training through the Training Guarantee for SACE Students (TGSS), or
  • undertaking training through a training contract as an apprentice or trainee in identified courses.


What courses will I be able to do?

Eligible individuals may be able to access:

  • one foundation skills course (if you are assessed to need it)
  • up to five bridging units at every qualification level (if assessed to need them)
  • unlimited priority courses.

You can only be enrolled in two subsidised courses at a time.
Specific projects and initiatives subsidised through WorkReady may stipulate additional criteria and conditions which will apply in addition to those outlined above.


What if the course I want isn't subsidised?

If the course you want to study is not currently subsidised check again later. Funding periods generally run for six months.


Eligible visas
  • Skilled – Regional (Provisional) Visa (subclass 489)
  • Skilled – Regional Sponsored Visa (subclass 475)
  • Skilled - Regional Sponsored Visa (subclass 487)
  • Skilled Independent - Regional (Provisional) Visa (subclass 495)
  • Business Owner (Provisional) Visa (subclass 160)
  • Senior Executive (Provisional) Visa (subclass 161)
  • Investor (Provisional) Visa (subclass 162)
  • State/Territory Sponsored Business Owner (provisional) Visa, subclass 163
  • State/Territory Sponsored Senior Executive (provisional) Visa, subclass 164
  • State/Territory Sponsored Investor (provisional) Visa, subclass 165
  • Business Innovation and Investment (provisional) Visa subclass 188


Some courses available while at secondary school;

You must be enrolled in school and and undertaking vocational education and training within your South Australian Certificate of Education program as part of the Training Guarantee for SACE Students program to enrol in this course. Read more about training for school students.

Assessment before enrolment needed.

All WorkReady participants should receive an upfront assessment of their learning and support needs which include using a foundation skills assessment tool. Based on the assessment and individual preferences you can access training, employment and skills development. If your pre-enrolment assessment identifies skills gaps you may enrol in courses. Contact your training provider.


Some courses are available under a traineeship or apprenticeship
An apprentice or trainee with an approved Training Contract including School-based Training Contracts may enrol in this course.



A Training Provider must offer you a concession if you:

  • hold a health care card
  • hold a pensioner concession card
  • hold a pensioner concession card issued by the Department of Veteran Affairs

Courses may have additional conditions. Contact your training provider.

Check your Eligibility