Your Guide to Studying a Child Care Course Online with Enable College
Study Child Care Courses Online
Do you love the idea of working with children, creating a healthy environment for childhood development, and making a real difference at the most crucial times in their lives? What better way to have a beneficial effect on society than to help young minds grow and develop! You can positively impact children's emotional, social, physical, and intellectual development with a career in early childhood education and care.
With government funding and study incentives available now, there has never been a better time to complete an early childcare education course, and Enable College is here to help with child care courses online that will fit any schedule and lifestyle, including yours.
With Enable College's nationally recognised and up-to-date courses, you can earn certificate or diploma qualifications in early childhood education and care or learn to work alongside teachers with a certification in education support.
The Benefits of Online Learning
If you think you don't have time to take on education for an exciting new career path, you couldn't be more wrong. Online courses mean increased flexibility so that you can work toward your career in childcare today without waiting for the perfect time or location. There's no need to relocate or even quit your current job. You can work on yourself and accomplish your goals on your own terms.
The childcare industry is thriving, and with your child care certification, you can count on a rewarding career for years to come. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain.
The staff and faculty at Enable College will be here to help you at every stage. You don't need to be a technological guru to study online. Enable College staff will walk you through each process of the learning framework and will address any challenges you may encounter along the way.
Early Childhood Education and Care Course Pathways
With Enable College, you can learn key skills and earn a CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care or a CHC30213 Certificate III in Education Support. An early childcare education course can lead to a rewarding career in and of itself, such as an educator at a family daycare or an educator at a centre that offers early childhood services as described below.
The CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care provides education and training in:
- Health and Safety
- Cultural Competency, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- Care for infants and toddlers
- How to develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- How to provide opportunities for growth and development through play and education
- Emergency first aid, work health and safety
- Elective opportunities to learn more about organizing and prioritizing, support behaviour, and diverse workplaces
The CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care provides all of the education mentioned above, as well as:
- Nurturing creativity in children
- Establishing and implementing behaviour plans to encourage and develop cooperative conduct
- Promoting inclusion and agency for all children
- Designing and applying curriculum for learning and development
- Incorporating sustainable practices into the workplace
- Identifying and assisting children at risk
- Contributing to the progress of education and care service
There are also elective choices that include leadership, professional practice, community, as well as policy development and application to aid in your professional development.
The CHC30213 Certificate III in Education Support will support you in your goals to support and care for children in a variety of education settings. This course is also a stepping stone to further certification or a diploma and includes the following topics:
- How to organize and manage a classroom
- Support of numeracy, literacy, and oral language skills
- Health and Safety and support in the classroom
- Diversity, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- Encourage the development of student research skills
Career Opportunities with Enable College Online Child Care Certificates and Diploma
The following career opportunities are available to you once you've completed Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care:
- Early Childhood Educator - providing care and instruction to young children, often in daycares or as an Assistant Educator in kindergarten or pre-school.
- Play Group Supervisor - managing the Playgroup team and daily operations of the Playgroup, providing a fun, healthy, and safe environment for children to learn and play.
- Childcare Worker at a child care centre - supervising and encouraging play, reading, teaching, whilst setting up a stable routine for children attending regularly.
- Family Daycare Educator - providing home-based child care with an emphasis on providing a setting for healthy growth and development physically, emotionally, socially, and cognitively.
- Professional Nanny and Educator - caring for and educating children in their own homes while providing a safe and considerate routine that encourages positive development.
- Before and After-School Assistant - helping children prepare for their day and providing support and supervision after school.
Continuing Education with Online Childcare Courses
But you don't need to stop there. You can continue your education path with higher-level courses such as the CHC50113 Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care or the CHC40113 Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care.
A CHC50113 Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care will qualify you for all of the aforementioned Certificate III roles, as well as more management/supervisory roles such as:
- Manager or Director of a childcare centre: managing a Childcare centre could be a dream job for those who are exceptionally organized and great with people.
- Program leader: this is a great place to start if you'd like to try your hand at management and supervision of others.
- Ownership of your very own child care centre or family daycare: be your own boss, and run the child care centre you've been dreaming of!
If you are more interested in working with older, school-aged children, then the CHC 40113 Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care is for you. In this program, you'll learn the skills necessary to support child development and learning, assist with health and safety concerns, and support students' healthy interactions and behaviour.
Completing the CHC 40113 Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care provides opportunities in the following careers:
- Before and after school Program Educator
- Vacation or school holiday Program Educator
- Recreation Assistant in youth leisure programs
- Educational Leader
- Possible roles as a tutor, support worker, or teacher's aide
Start Today with Enable College Childcare Education Courses Online
You have a choice for your future, and Enable College makes it easier than ever with online courses that you can start right away. Learn practical skills, diploma qualifications and work towards your dream career outcome with the help of Enable College's industry experts.
If you’re thinking of enrolling for online child care courses at Enable College, don't wait to kickstart your new career. Contact us today!